Saturday, January 30, 2010

so let me not think to not think of you

In a vain attempt to keep my mind off what may or may not be heartbreak, I have decided to do a couple of awesome things.

1. This blog, that's one, and why I'm explaining. (A vain attempt--that is funny, come on.)

2. Buying a typewriter to finalize my recipe zine (no way am I having it printed off a printer--but, fuck, is this going to be time-consuming, and also, fuck, I will have to do the whole thing sober, or run the risk of monumental mistakes with every click). Finishing it, printing (that's with a silk-screen, don't get confused) a cover, and having it done in time to be in the Chicago zine fest is the goal (2nd week o'March). Which, depending on how well I feel I'm doing in school, I may attend (to see Jaebae and Cedric, mostly--thanks Megabus).

3. Getting hit on. Okay, that's in no way my doing, but it makes me feel good. What is off about this 'step,' if you will, is that making out with someone right after you tell them that you just broke up with someone is so weird--I mean, they should feel weird. And used. Wouldn't you? Guess not. Okay, well, I'm all about it. Straight crushin'.

4. Getting out of this city. I had an hour and a half long interview with Julie Fox, an admissions director at the International Culinary School at the Art Institute in Portland. I think this may be the 'path that I'm choosing' (school wise), as completing a degree at ICS will give me a Bachelor of Science in Culinary Management with a minor in Sustainability. That sounds awesome--and I'm fucking pumped. I'm still looking into everything, but for right now, it's where my heart is set: Anne, Conrad, cooking, Resa, Jakob, Noa (really, do you want a list of friends I have in Portland, because that'd probably just upset you--yes, the enigmatic "you") and a coast I've never been too familiar with. To put it bluntly: my friends are growing up--I guess I should too.

5. Doing my homework. Often, with help. (Thanks, Arvind.)

No comments: