Wednesday, February 3, 2010

darkroom construction pt 1

Woke up to the beginning of the demolition of the storage space in my parent's house that is soon to be my darkroom. This used to be floor to ceiling cupboards--workbenches and whatnot.

Then, I had breakfast and went to class--grudgingly. (Okay, I love croissants, and I HAD to take a picture of how perfect and delicious this one was. I could probably gush about it forever. For your sake--I won't. LA BOULANGERIE PLZ?)

So, I get back from class, and the place is completely gutted. And they've added the beginning of a ceiling. They're going to paint these walls black, and I'm getting a 6ft darkroom sink. Oh, mang.

It's bigger than it looks, and definitely bigger than half the darkrooms I've worked in. I didn't get a photograph of my enlarger because it's in hiding in the back guest room--but it's one that my ex, Daniel, gave me ages ago--along with shitloads of other equipment/chemicals/etc. Some of it's probably expired, which is the shit we used to use all the time--the weird reactions with aged chemicals, the unexpected results. Obviously not timeless, enduring prints, but wonderful to fuck around with. Anyway I've got to get back to studying. And sleeping (yeah, right).

No comments: