Saturday, February 27, 2010

FUNERALS, etc.

Mollie hates winter so much... probably more than I do. And she writes for the Mishka Blog: Beats Way Sick (2/1o). The post made me laugh, because I read it and knew it was Mollie before I even looked at the tunes. They've all got pseudonyms they write under (some of the really good ones are Shark, Hateball and Scrooge McFuck...)--Mollie's is Rue Sauvage.

* * *

Frightened Rabbit reminds me of being in Wales--mostly because my cousin's friend was in love with The Pogues--who are Irish, not Scottish, but, ignorantly enough, it's all the same to me.

Unlike Mollie, being entrenched in two or more feet of snow and having water seep through the soles of my shoes makes me want to hear music that makes me feel just as entrenched and hopeless (also, unlike Mollie, I venture outdoors). I think it has to do with the fact that I like (see also: am forced to) to wallow in the muck while Mollie is on the Californian coast this weekend.

* * *

Lastly, pictures from the FUNERALS New Year's Day show--their first show. I didn't have a camera, so these awesome shots are stolen from a relative of Casey's, Tom Huff.

(Casey's parents, Jed and Madeleine--aww!)

No comments: