Friday, February 12, 2010

ellybee + dk3

Dear Ellyn, sorry, I woke up, remembered that last entry, and deleted it. If you weren't a 'young professional,' and it was legal (okay, I don't really care if it's legal), I'd marry you. I fucking love you.

DARKROOM CONSTRUCTION PT 3 COMMENCE:

Tell me you're not excited, too?! I got to design a bunch of it. We're using salvaged (from my parents' old storage room) cupboards, three lights (one over the work station/enlarger area, one darkroom light, and one over the chemical/sink set-up. Sink's already ordered, and the black, chemical-resistant counter tops should be too! Sorry, but the idea of teaching my dad how to develop photos is the cutest thing in the world. I'm just sad I can't move it with me if (when) I move. Also: paint fumes suck! Heat rises? So do paint fumes--hence why we're still downstairs tonight.

Lastly, and most importantly, I've gotta make a post about a really close friend now. Kevin's dad died Thursday night, and it makes me the saddest ever. If you don't know him, (and then you probably don't know me either,) Kevin Cecil is this amazingly smart, funny, kind, all-those-things-everyone-wants-to-be/looks-for kind of guy. I never knew his dad, but it fucking breaks my heart that he has to go through this so early on in his life. Seriously, I don't know what I'd do without any of my family--my mother, father or brother. The thought of the pain that would cause me is incredibly unbearable, and I can only imagine how Kevin is feeling. It's one of those times when you really wish you could do something for someone you love--but can't. And, Kevin, I'm sorry that I can't. If you know him, the viewing is tomorrow from 6-9pm at Rutherford Funeral Home in Powell. The address says 450 Olentangy Road--don't let that confuse you--it's right off Powell Road, turn right off Sawmill. Please come and show support and love for one of the best dudes ever.

No comments: