Monday, February 8, 2010

do you want to see what i mean?

OKAY, MEMORIZE... AND, GO!


So, I guess I'm hoping for a moderate ("C") grade if I can't get a good one. Cross yr fingiez, 4me plz. Tonight should be a good one--hanging out with Jakey before they go to Clevo to visit some friends or see some show (I can't be bothered to remember these details). Tomorrow night may also be a good one, if the god damn snow will let me live my life! Srsly, though, I heard 10-20 inches by the end of the week. Anti-swell. JDP goes back to Chicago on Wednesday, and so I need to see him tomorrow too! (All the sad faces.)

The panel discussion is at ROY G BIV at 7pm; description follows:

2012 and post-apocalyptic/post-revolutionary/post-utopian politics

with Cassandra Troyan, James Payne, Sarah Cowles, Andrew Culp, Tim Jensen and Ricky Crano as Moderator.
The panel discussion begins with the obsession of 2012 as a solipsistic day-dream, and its use as a scape-goat for not caring enough to protest our current dilapidated situation. The topic is a jump-off point for larger relevant questions: Is there a root psychological desire for the world to end? What is that root and how can it be ameliorated? How does itinerant desire for destruction impact real world political action?

Okay, now time to get ready for drawing, book-reading, Waffle House and late night hang-outs. We're in high school again. (That is if my ride ever gets here. --Wait, no that's exactly like high school.)

No comments: