Tuesday, February 9, 2010

a night almost ruined

Pt. 1:

Whatever, asshole.


Pt. 2:

I'm still at Jakob's, and he's looking for El Topo but can only find the Holy Mountain. Well, I brought over Suspiria and La Haine, but we've decided on Jodorowsky. I showed Jake the new darkroom I'm getting. I'm trying to get black, chemical-resistant Formica counter tops and a I'm getting a beautiful 6' Delta sink with a wash basin. I don't know about making my own darkroom, as I've never done it before, but Jakey and I were comparing it to Paige's old one. I remember we painted the counters we made poppy red (yeah, I loved that color, duh).

Darkroom Construction Pt. 2!


A door!

Okay, possibly you can't tell the difference. The difference is the drywall! I's got some walls up in this place!

Here's my lovely enlarger that hasn't been in-use for at least four years (haven't needed to!), so let's all hope it works--srsly.

I wanted to make dinner for us (i.e. mussels), but I made mussels for Ian's birthday Friday night before we went to Skylab (with hour-long stewed cherry tomatoes--omg, yum--baguette from Katzinger's and a delectable 'birthday cake' macaroon from Pistacia Vera with the freshest raspberries in the entire world--wtf?), and so we decided to wait until they get back from Cleveland. To be honest, I could probably eat mussels with good, toasty bread everyday (or probably I only say that because I can't/don't). Anyway, had my first Waffle House waffles in a LONG ASS time. Holy delicious! (I think they're mostly made out of butter.) I no longer drink coffee though, so I read to us.

No comments: