Wednesday, March 10, 2010

sushi stands + sleeping pills

Holy crap. I have so much work to do! But, everyone is going out of town this weekend, so I wanted to see Jake before he left. Why can't all the stuff I want to do happen next weekend? So jealous of all the goings-on! Also, I seriously hate going to a million different doctors every week. In the time it takes for me to go to a thirty minute appointment, I've lost two hours. Bah!

All that said, I hope all my everyone has great times in the cities they are in this weekend! (Cinci, Chicago, Toronto & Pittsburgh!) Miss you. Bring me back key chains that say my name on them.

Explanation & contents tomorrow, I got plans and an early rise. How fun.

Updated:
Not a Box #1:
Snus Container--dimensions: 2" x 3" x 3/4"
Contents:
Besides the container (which I only have because of the container, I'm not exactly even certain what Snus is, and gave them all to Brian or Peter) and the pin (Rag O' Rama), this is random small shit from Australia that I have no idea why I saved. Okay, the wasabi (tiny little green packet) and the soy sauce (the little fish bottle), which I just thought were cute, also did serve a bit of a purpose--I got a lot of sushi in Australia. They basically have fresh sushi to go, which doesn't mean walking into Meijer or Whole Foods and getting those little packages, they serve them like burritos! WTF? Haha. And these were always the to-go sushi and soy that came along with it. Sleeping pills I no longer use (Sonata?), an unused Australian stamp and a cap for Crown beer--which, unlike the claims of so many Fosters commercials--is the ubiquitous, cheap, most-widely-drank beer of Australia. They even 'own' bars like Pepsi and Coke own Taco Bell or McDonalds. w00t--corporate contracts! Anyway, it's gross. My favorite in Australia were Monteith's Summer Ale and Young & Jackson's Naked Ale. Both are found in the heart of Melbourne's CBD, on tap--on Elizabeth St and across the street from Flinders St station, respectively. My friends helped me trek the city and we'd print, get lunch, print more. Sighhh, I wish I had lived in the city instead of fucking Dandenong. Hour or longer metro rides, switching trains, having to go back to that drab suburbia... don't do it.

No comments: